or what my BFF Ann calls “reSOULutions”
- write something in my journal app every single day. even if it’s just a sentence.
- get organized with the girls
- attend a writing workshop somewhere (looking at the Thrive Conference with Ann Voskamp and Lysa Tyrkaust! what a dream)
- declutter the house
- stick to me and jim’s financial budget
- encourage jim
- learn how to really love… which will introduce my 2017 life verse:
and now I urge you, dear friend, not anything new. but something that I have requested of you since the beginning: love one another. 2 John 1:5
I plan to and have already started collecting scriptures on love, and highlight stories of Jesus and others what show love. Today my reading was from 1 Peter when Jesus first encounters Peter. He renames him “Rock.” Often times when I think of Peter, I think of his betrayal. Jesus sees him, knowing the betrayal to come, but Jesus sees the Jesus in Peter, and names him “Rock.”
1 Corinthians says love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, and always preserves. another translation I have read says “love always looks for the best”
I pray the Holy Spirit will overcome my flesh this year, and because of my overwhelming love for the Lord I will always look for the best.